What does that button even do?
Learn how to maximize your TV viewing experience without phoning up your son-in-law. Astrea has got you covered with the product guides, programming tricks and easy fixes that connect you to your favorite movies and shows.
One of the first things you can do is to make sure the remote is on the correct selection to control the cable box. To do this, all you have to do is hit the “CBL" button and try to change channels again. If this doesn't work, you might need a new pair of batteries.
The digital signal that we send is running at 720p which generally is a widescreen format that will have a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. Our HD signal runs at 1080p and will be more crisp for an image as well as being full screen.
Not at this time, however we are transitioning to a 100% digital signal. This process started the spring of 2016. If you have a TV 2006 or newer, there is a good chance a digital tuner is already built in and no additional equipment will be necessary (please check your tv manual if you are unsure) for Expanded/Basic Cable. If you have an older “tube" TV, you will need to have a cable box to receive the digital signal. For more information about this transition to digital cable TV, please give a call to our support staff at 1-800-236-8434.
Each Television brand is a little bit different but here is a general overview of how to do a channel scan:
- Find the “Menu" or “Settings" button on your remote. Note: If you have a Smart TV, they generally have a “Smart Button" that you may have to use to get to settings. This is usually in the shape of their logo.
- Locate the Channels or Tuner Set Up.
- Check the menu for Antenna Type or Connection Type.
- Make sure that Cable is the selected option. Note: Some manufacturers may have it labeled as Digital Cable, CATV or Cable STD.
- Depending on the brand of TV, it should have for selection either Channel Scan, Auto Program, or Auto Tune.
- Allow time for the TV to complete the scan. The process may take up to an hour.
- Once complete, confirm the menu prompts and then exit out of the menu.
- Once you have completed this you will be able to pull in all stations on either the expanded or basic cable tier, all depending on which service you have.
- Turn your TiVo box on.
- Turn your TV on either by using the remote for the TV or the buttons on the TV.
- Once the box and TV are both on, press the TiVo Button at the top of the TiVo Remote to open your menu.
- Next, go to Settings and Messages > Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remote Control Set Up > and follow the prompts 1-5 to sync your remote.
Network fees and channel negotiations are out of our control – but we can help you understand who charges what and why. Visit TVOnMySide for unbiased cable information. TVOnMySide is the voice of your independent cable TV operator – going to bat for families and businesses when corporations that control TV programming want to charge more for the TV shows and movies you love.
Having trouble with your cable box or a channel? Refer to these quick fixes.